- (stayed up too late the night before... Russell and Scott went to a concert and didn't get in until 2 a.m. The girls didn't go to bed until 11:30 p.m.!)
- Hung out with Hubby's friend, who was wonderful and let us crash at his house (and the girls play with his kids' toys).
- Went to the Nascher Sculpture Center and participated in a First Saturday kids event, which included a scavenger hunt,
A community puzzle, where everyone drew their own pieces,
(M organized the puzzle. Yes, she is our daughter.)
I even drew something, because I remembered what Mo said...
And an artist presentation.
C had a grand time with that, and got chosen to help the artist mix the plaster.
- Ate lunch in a parking garage.
- Went to the Dallas Museum of Art, wandered around a while (our favorite collections was the "house" -- they have it set up like a villa in the French Riviera, and its full of furniture and art... it was a lot of fun), and ended up in the kids center for a while.
- Went to an enormous Korean grocery store and stocked up on supplies (can you say "years supply of soy sauce and go chu jong and seaweed"? Plus kimchee, asian pears and enormous grapefruit!)
- And ate at Eskimo Joe's, which is not in Dallas but is in Stillwater, Oklahoma. It's much like the Hard Rock Cafe: you eat there to say you ate there (and possibly buy a t-shirt), not because the food is good. Cool building though.
Maybe next time, we'll do more.