Thursday, July 17, 2008

Calvert Marine Museum, Solomon's Island, MD

Was this place ever amazing! I admit I was mostly tagging along with Corinne when she said she wanted to go here but I am so thrilled that I was able to take the girls. Here are the highlights:


* I love museums that are meant for kids. The staff was incredibly friendly and willing to answer the kids questions right from the start.

* I got to speak to one of the workers about the Sting Rays we saw in the Bay - I never knew how interesting they were.
*Emma finally got her chance to be a mermaid...this was the day she started saying, "Mom, being a human is boring. I want to be a mermaid, or a fairy, or a princess okay?"


* In one of the exhibits the kids got to look for fossils and sharks' teeth and take home the one they liked the best.

* We ate a lovely lunch picnic during which Mary took her Oreo cookie apart and began painting the frosting on her face...I am so bummed I don't have a photo of that one.


*Mary had an absolute fit when we were outside by the otters...I honestly couldn't tell you what it was about. Corinne took that picture just for me...



*Emma had an absolute fit when Corinne wanted to take a picture with just her kids. Emma not so secretly wishes she was Corinne's daughter...you can see her crabby face in our family picture.



This was my first completed Summer Adventure and it was fantastic! I would recommend this place to anyone.

1 comment:

Corinne said...

I'm so glad you included that picture of Mary having a meltdown :) That was great times.